How we operate
- Hygiene and physical distancing measures are in place in all buildings and offices where we operate based on Safe Work Australia guidelines.
- We take a cautious approach to return staff to the office. We are governed by federal and state governments restrictions and guided by our external medical experts. We communicate and collaborate with our building owners.
In-person client meetings, events
- We welcome clients and visitors to our offices for in-person meetings on an as-needed basis. Hygiene and physical distancing measures are in place at all our premises.
- Forums, workshops, and seminars continue and are a hybrid of online and office-based.
- Our cross-functional legal and consulting teams continue to monitor the impacts of COVID-19 providing insights and advice to clients on how to mitigate risks and make the most of opportunities.
To ensure everyone’s safety, we ask that you adhere to the following measures when visiting our premises.
- Observe the occupancy limits – approved staff and visitors only
- Check-in via the QR code at Reception on arrival
- Adhere to the directional and physical distancing signage
- Adhere to meeting room set-ups, limiting attendees and ensuring appropriate physical distancing.
Hand sanitisers, disinfectants and face masks are available. We promote handwashing, cough etiquette, social distancing and hygiene practices. If you are feeling unwell when visiting our offices, please make your MinterEllison host aware so that we can support you accordingly.
Visitors to our offices
Visitors to our offices must make alternate arrangements (such as online meetings) if one of the following applies, you:
- are feeling unwell or have any fever, cough, flu-like symptoms
- are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive, is awaiting test results or is in self-isolation over the past 14 days
- have undertaken domestic or international travel in the last 14 days that is not consistent with State and Federal Government guidelines.
Increased hygiene and physical distancing measures
We have a range of measures to ensure we protect our people and all visitors to our offices and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All meeting rooms, including furniture, are cleansed after every meeting, and only limited client catering is available. In addition, we have implemented:
- nightly standard cleans of all offices, common areas, meeting rooms
- regular hospital-grade cleans.
Client management and agile working
Our teams are successfully working in hybrid and flexible ways. They are digitally enabled, allowing them to continue to connect with clients and each other.
COVID-19 has transformed the way we work. The firm considers every role as agile unless the nature of the role means that it is impossible to work in an agile way.
We remain focused on delivering excellent outcomes for our clients, whether in person, over the phone or using digital platforms. You can expect the same reliable and highly responsive level of client service whichever way you choose to engage with us.
Access to our international network of legal and consulting partners and alliances remains in place.
Staff safety and support
Employee assistance is available to all staff. Self-care and exercise are encouraged, and we provide many targeted wellbeing initiatives for partners through to our junior professional groups.
We have implemented the following measures for staff:
- our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselling services are available to staff and immediate family members
- regular communication from our leadership on how the firm is managing the current situation
- workstation allocations with appropriate spacing
- non-shareable Staff Agile Kits – (i.e. keyboards, mouse, headset, etc.)
- hygiene stations with hand sanitiser, sanitiser wipes and face masks
Partners and employees who are not feeling well and/or are experiencing flu-like symptoms have been directed not to attend the office.
These website pages are updated regularly to reflect our ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We also provide targeted updates to clients, community stakeholders, suppliers, and our staff, via our usual channels.