I enjoy providing constructive advice to help clients cut through complexity, resolve impasses and achieve successful outcomes across a broad cross-section of industries. Clients appreciate my responsiveness, together with my proactive, commercial approach to negotiations. A key priority is to deliver my advice in a commercially pragmatic way, taking account of clients' business objectives, their risk appetite and industry considerations. Now more than ever, navigating regulatory risks is paramount in successfully executing commercial transactions: clients benefit from my deep experience in dealing with key Australian regulators including ASIC, ASX, FIRB and the Takeovers Panel.
I am a member of the Corporations Committee of the Business Section of the Law Council of Australia. I also regularly write and present on corporate law developments, including as a guest lecturer at the Governance Institute of Australia and Leo Cussen Centre for Law.
I have extensive transactional experience across a number of industries including food and agribusiness, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, fast moving consumables, property and construction.
- Advised CDH Investments, a leading Chinese private equity firm, and China Grand Pharmaceutical (a Hong Kong listed company) on their successful A$1.9 billion acquisition of ASX listed Sirtex Medical Limited (this displaced an initially recommended A$1.50 billion offer from a first bidder)
- Advised Hitachi Construction Machinery on its successful $970 million takeover of ASX listed Bradken Limited
- Advised Baosteel on its successful A$1.4 billion joint takeover bid with Aurizon for ASX listed Aquila Resources and development of $8 billion West Pilbara Iron Ore Project
- Advised ASX listed Vocus Communications on its A$4 billion merger with M2 Group
- Advised ASX listed Citadel Resource Group Limited on its A$1.25 billion takeover by Equinox Minerals
- Advised ASX listed Gloucester Coal on its $8.0 billion merger with Yancoal Australia
- Advised ASX listed Healthscope on its $2.1 billion takeover by TPG/Carlyle Group
- Advised ASX listed Vision Systems Limited on its $800 million takeover by Danaher Corporation (being the successful acquirer in an auction for control involving three bidders)
- Advised ASX listed Warrnambool Cheese on its A$600 million takeover by Saputo (being the successful acquirer in an auction for control involving three bidders and a total of 9 bids)
- Advised ASX listed SPC Ardmona Limited on its A$470 million takeover by Coca-Cola Amatil
- Advised ASX listed Patties Foods on its A$307 takeover by Pacific Equity Partners
- Advised Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust on its A$1.013 billion acquisition of GIC’s and Frasers Property Australia Pty Ltd’s logistics property portfolio in Australia
- Advised ASX listed Mineral Deposits Limited in its successful defence of a hostile takeover from its 50% joint venture partner ERAMET SA (25% price increase secured)
- Advised Jangho Group on its successful A$200 million takeover of ASX listed Vision Eye Institute
- Advised ASX listed Oakton Limited on its A$170 million takeover by Dimension Data
- Advised Dental Corporation on its A$450 million takeover by BUPA
- Advised China Energy Reserve and Chemical Group on its A$430 million hostile takeover bid for AWE Limited, being the first bid that initiated a three way auction for control of AWE
- Advised ASX listed Repco Corporation on its $A336 million takeover by CCMP Capital Asia
- Advised ASX listed Kids Campus Limited on its A$142 million takeover by ABC Learning Centres