I have extensive experience advising clients on a wide range of employment law and workplace issues. I am genuinely interested in understanding my clients' whole business so as to ensure that the advice I provide is tailored specifically to them. I strive to build authentic and lasting relationships with my clients.
I frequently act for clients in litigation matters at the State and Federal level across a range of jurisdictions. I am particularly experienced in dealing with unfair and unlawful dismissal disputes, contractual disputes and discrimination complaints. It is important to me to work with my clients to alleviate the burden of litigation, while delivering outstanding results.
In addition to my significant litigation practice, I routinely conduct workplace investigations and advise on managing ill and injured workers and difficult employee separations and complaints.
- I routinely act for and advise clients in relation to sensitive matters, such as sexual harassment complaints, bullying complaints and complex employee separations. These matters often require specific attention from a reputational perspective.
- I have a breadth of experience in conducting sensitive workplace investigations and investigations of complaints (including culture reviews) for public and private sector clients in a range of industries, including those in government, health, education and manufacturing.
- I am a primary advisor acting for the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority and, as such, have gained particular expertise working in the health sector and for community service organisations. A career highlight was delivering a successful outcome in a complex discrimination proceeding in the matter of Wilson v Western Health  771.
- I have acted for the Department of Education and Training and for various entities in the Catholic Education System in navigating complex discrimination matters, including in the matter of Abela v State of Victoria  FCA 832.
- I have acted for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group in a number of unfair dismissal applications and discrimination complaints, consistently achieving an outstanding outcome for the client.
- I was seconded to Toyota Motor Corporation Australia in the lead up to the closure of its Australian manufacturing operations in 2014. This was a challenging time for the client, during which I provided extensive restructuring advice and successfully participated in negotiations for a new enterprise agreement.