Acting for organisations making investments in Australia, my clients include sovereign wealth funds, Chinese businesses entering the Australian market for the first time and established listed Asian and US corporate clients.
I am a trusted adviser to my clients and enjoy nothing more than being ‘down in the trenches’ with my deal team.
- Qantas Airways Limited – advised on major merger and acquisition deals, including the acquisition of a controlling interest in the Taylor Fry actuarial business, the $408 million disposal of its 50 per cent interest in the StarTrack Express joint venture to Australia Post and the $439 million merger of Qantas subsidiary Jetset Travelworld with Stella Travel Services
- Hengkang Medical Group – advised on its $330 million acquisition of a controlling interest in PRP Diagnostic Imaging
- CIMIC Group – acted in its successful $525 million unsolicited takeover bid for UGL Limited
- GIC – guided its participation in the consortium that acquired rail and ports company Asciano Limited under a $9.05 billion scheme of arrangement
- Suntory Holdings Limited – advised the client, Japan’s fourth‑largest beverage company, on the Australian aspects of its $740 million acquisition of Frucor Beverages Group Limited (NZ) from Danone Asia Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Groupe Danone
- Iron Mountain Inc. – provided counsel on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission–imposed divestment of its Australian business to Housatonic Partners
- Uranium Resources Inc. – advised on its $80 million scrip merger with Anatolia Energy Limited
- Serco Group – acted on the sale of the Great Southern Rail business to Allegro Funds
- Centerbridge Partners – advised on its US$350 million recapitalisation of Australian Securities Exchange–listed Boart Longyear Limited
- GK Goh Holdings Limited – advised on the acquisition of a 47 per cent stake in Opal Aged Care for $137 million from two trusts managed by AMP Capital