I have also conducted a wide range of proceedings in various courts and tribunals. These cover matters such as unfair and unlawful dismissals, discrimination claims and coronial inquests.
My practice spans sectors as diverse as construction and infrastructure, education, manufacturing and aviation. I am also a prolific speaker, author, lecturer and trainer, with a strong interest in workplace relations public policy.
- AGL – assisted the energy provider achieve a step change in the industrial arrangements at its Loy Yang A power station and associated coal mine. This involved working in a sensitive social and political environment and against highly organised and entrenched union opposition
- Brookfield Multiplex; Laing O’Rourke; Lendlease – counselled top tier construction companies on industrial relations and Building Code issues, delivering strategic litigation support in urgent timeframes as well as strategic and legal advice regarding unlawful industrial action and other relevant issues
- Recommended, Education – Best Lawyers: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Recommended, Employee Benefits – Best Lawyers: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Recommended, Labour and Employment ¬– Best Lawyers: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Leading Individual, Employment – Chambers Asia-Pacific: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Industry and Legal Affiliations
- Member, Industrial Relations Subcommittee, Federal Law Council
- Member, Industrial Relations Subcommittee, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Industrial Relations Society of Queensland
- Member, Australian Corporate Lawyers Association