I advise Australian and international private equity, venture capital, special situations and alternative investment funds on their key investments and divestments across a wide range of industry and business sectors. I have also worked on many cross border transactions, including acquisitions, restructures and divestments of Australian and international operations.
I am ranked as a leading Australian private equity lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific, where I have been described by one client as "just superb – a commercially focused lawyer who actually originates ideas for us and drives outcomes. We succeed or fail by our ability to find opportunities, and Glen does just that.” Other clients have said that I am their "preferred partner," highlighting my "excellent experience and very reliable, quality advice," and "effective, client-oriented approach".
- Network Ten – advised the receivers of Network Ten (PPB) on the successful refinancing and sale of Network Ten to CBS
- Allegro Funds – advised on a number of its acquisitions and divestments, most recently its acquisitions of Endeavour Learning Group, Healthy Living Group and Everest Foods
- Next Capital – advised on a number of its acquisitions and divestments, most recently its sale of Forest Coach Lines to CDC and its sale of Infinite Aged Care to Moelis
- Affinity Equity Partners – assisted with the $155 million acquisition by Affinity-advised funds of 100 per cent of Health Communication Network Pty Ltd (trading as MedicalDirector) from Primary Health Care Limited
- First State Super and ROC Partners - advised on the $350 million acquisition of leading chicken farmer ProTen Limited
- RMB – advised on its exit from the RMB Capital Partners fund (now Pemba), involving a new investment by HarbourVest Partners
- Brookfield Asset Management – advised on the joint venture with and subsequent buyout of Johnson Controls’ facilities management business
- Next Capital, Allegro Funds and Macquarie – guided the sale of Discovery Parks to Sunsuper, dealing with assets then valued at more than $240 million
- OPTrust – advised on the acquisition of Aviator Group from Helmsman Capital
- Quadrant Private Equity – advised on the initial joint venture, acquisition and IPO of APN Outdoor
- Quadrant Private Equity – advised on the acquisition of Barbeques Galore and Super A-Mart
- Hub24 – advised on the acquisition of leading financial services technology provider Agility Applications
- Optus – advised on the transfer of its coaxial cable and ancillary assets to NBN Co Limited, to enable the accelerated roll-out of Australia’s national broadband network