I have extensive transactional experience advising Australian and international private equity and venture capital funds on their buy outs; co investments; exits; equity and debt investments and restructuring; portfolio company bolt-ons; and shareholder and joint venture agreements. I have also worked on many cross border transactions, including acquisitions, restructures and divestments of Australian and international operations.
My broader practice includes significant commercial contracting experience in industries such as aged care, agribusiness, food, health, leisure, media, property, retail, technology and telecommunications.
- Ranked as an up-and-coming Australian private equity lawyer in 2017 by Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Described by one private equity client in Chambers Asia-Pacific as “just superb – a commercially focused lawyer who actually originates ideas for us and drives outcomes. We succeed or fail by our ability to find opportunities, and Glen does just that.”
- Named as a pre-eminent corporate lawyer for mid-market matters in Sydney by Doyles Guide for 2017 and as a leading corporate lawyer in Sydney by Doyles Guide in 2015 and 2016
- Network Ten – advised the receivers of Network Ten (PPB) on the successful refinancing and sale of Network Ten to CBS.
- Allegro Funds – advised on a number of its acquisitions and divestments, most recently its acquisitions of Healthy Living Group and Everest Foods.
- Next Capital – advised on a number of its acquisitions and divestments, including its IPO of Vitaco and most recently its sale of Infinite Aged Care to Moelis.
- Affinity Equity Partners – assisted with the $155 million acquisition by Affinity-advised funds of 100 per cent of Health Communication Network Pty Ltd (trading as MedicalDirector) from Primary Health Care Limited
- RMB – advised on its exit from the RMB Capital Partners fund, involving a new $650 million investment by HarbourVest Partners
- Brookfield Asset Management – worked on the joint venture with and subsequent buyout of Johnson Controls’ facilities management business
- Next Capital, Allegro Funds and Macquarie – guided the sale of Discovery Parks to Sunsuper, dealing with assets then valued at more than $240 million
- OPTrust – advised on the acquisition of Aviator Group from Helmsman Capital
- HUB24 – advised on the acquisition of leading financial services technology provider Agility Applications
- Optus – advised on the transfer of its coaxial cable and ancillary assets to NBN Co Limited, to enable the accelerated roll-out of Australia’s national broadband network