My focus is on providing practical solutions to contracting challenges, using my global experience to bring valuable insights to different projects.
I am also known for advising on the ICT aspects of major M&A and asset recycling transactions, and have helped many clients manage the ICT risks arising from these deals.
- NSW Government – advised on the competitive tender process to award the next licence to operate the centralised monitoring system for electronic gaming machines in NSW
- NSW Government – negotiated funding arrangements with three major telecommunications companies to extend mobile coverage in key black spots in regional NSW
- Ausgrid – advised on the NSW Government’s retail electricity disposal project and associated transitional arrangements
- Advised a major financial institution on data centre consolidation and outsourcing arrangements across 10 jurisdictions in Asia
- Negotiated a managed private cloud outsourcing transaction for a major global insurer, for use across its business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Helped several major clients with global IT infrastructure outsourcing transactions
- Advised state governments on ICT and business separation matters in relation to the long-term lease of five major Australian ports
- Negotiated separation and transitional arrangements for the sale of Lloyds Banking Group’s Australian lending business to Westpac Banking Corporation
- Advised key clients on contractual arrangements with major ICT vendors such as DXC Technology, Fujitsu, IBM, Infosys, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Telstra, including on responses to software audits
Borgese, A & Pascoe, N 2016, ‘Australia: Outsourcing 2016
’, in S Shooter & M Leach (eds.), The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Outsourcing 2016
, 1st edn, Global Legal Group, London.