Every day throws up a different issue. It could involve providing around-the-clock pre publication advice to mainstream and online media; advising corporate and government clients on reputational issues; or managing threats of litigation from some of the best lawyers in the country, as well as the litigation itself. In each case, I always aim to minimise the damage clients are exposed to.
It is a privilege to be involved in many of the high-profile stories that break daily. Increasingly, social media issues are becoming central – and time is of the essence.
- Had our team ranked Tier 1 in every international directory
- Acted for leading mainstream and online publishers in Australia and internationally, including defending defamation cases for Fairfax Media Limited
- Domain – defended claims of misleading and deceptive conduct brought by realestate.com.au
- Qantas Group – successfully struck out more than 500 deep vein thrombosis cases against the airline in the highest courts in Australia, the UK and the US
- Helped many government departments and politicians in challenging times
- Served on the MinterEllison Board for more than 20 years and was elected Chair
- Chaired and served on many boards related to government and the media
- Currently serving as Treasurer of the International Bar Association