I enjoy working with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their business and assisting across all workplace related areas, from drafting policies and contracts and answering day to day queries, through to managing employment litigation and industrial disputes.
I advise clients in relation to all employment related matters including workplace disputes, retention of employees, employee terminations (including allegations of unfair dismissal), employee misconduct matters, enterprise bargaining, industrial disputes, performance management, discrimination, occupational health and safety and the effect of legislation and industrial instruments.
I have a particular focus on litigation (across all Commissions and Courts) and industrial strategy.
I work with clients from a number of industries, particularly aged care, health, construction and education.
Outside of my human resources and industrial relations practice, I'm also actively involved in MinterEllison's Community Investment Program.
- Assisting clients in both running and defending contested employment matters in the Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court, Fair Work Commission, Queensland Industrial Relations Commission and Industrial Court of Queensland.
- Assisting with alternative dispute resolution options including resolving matters through conciliations and mediations.
- Advising private and public sector clients in relation to all industrial issues including strategic advice, urgent applications, disputes arising under enterprise agreements, industrial action, challenges to the classification of employees and approvals of enterprise agreements.
- Assisting with the management of protected and unprotected industrial action across the education, health, aged care and construction industries.
- Assisting with applications for the approval of enterprise agreements for clients.
- Advising schools, construction clients, government owned corporations, health and aged care clients in relation to general employment matters, including under applicable enterprise agreements, employee termination issues and general protections matters, discrimination matters, and bargaining process and approval of enterprise agreements.
- Advising and representing regulators in relation to enforcement proceedings.
- I have completed secondments, as Legal Counsel, to Ergon Energy and Energex.