My clients have full confidence in the value they will receive when they work with me. It is rewarding to know I am regarded as being proficient both technically and commercially, and appreciated for always bearing in mind client's strategic and commercial objectives (as reported in Chambers Asia-Pacific).
- Anglo American – more than 12 years as the client relationship partner, including advising on acquisitions and divestments and mine expansions and development, including more recently the development of Grosvenor Mine and expansion of Moranbah Mine the sales of the Callide, Foxleigh, Drayton and Dartbrook Mines.
- Gloucester Coal/Yancoal – advised on Gloucester Coal's $8 billion merger with Yancoal Australia via a scheme of arrangement
- BHP – advised on its coal and coal seam gas strategy and overlapping gas tenure arrangements, including agreements with Arrow Energy (Shell/Petrochina) and others
- Rio Tinto – advised on the $4 billion takeover of Riversdale Mining Limited
- Rio Tinto – advised on its global exploration collaboration with China Minmetals
- Guided the development of legislation and policy through my work with longstanding clients, including the Queensland Resources Council and the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Trusted adviser to all of the major resource houses, including Anglo American, Rio Tinto, Peabody Energy, BHP and Yancoal Australia
- Acted as a representative in industry bodies, including deputy chair of the Queensland Resources Council’s Exploration and Tenure Group, vice president of the Australian Mining and Petroleum Lawyers Association (AMPLA) Qld Branch and member of the Queensland Law Society Energy and Resources Committee.
- Recognised as a leading mining and natural resources lawyer in a number of directories, including Legal 500 Asia Pacific (since 2014), Best Lawyers (since 2009, including as 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Mining Law), Chambers Asia Pacific (since 2015), Acritas, Doyles Guide and Who’s Who Legal