My clients have full confidence in the value they will receive when they work with me. It is rewarding to know I am regarded as being proficient both technically and commercially, and appreciated for always bearing in mind client's strategic and commercial objectives (as reported in Chambers Asia-Pacific).
- Albemarle Corporation (a NYSE-listed global company): Led the team advising in relation to its US$1.3bn acquisition of a 60% interest in, and forming a joint venture with, Mineral Resources for the Wodgina Lithium Project and the US$480m sale of its interest in the Kemerton lithium facility, as well as the bond offering to fund the purchase.
- Visy Industries/Pratt: Led the team advising of the sale of Visy's Smithfield Energy Facility, a 109MW gas-fired peaking plant, to Infigen Energy including advising on the sale and trading transition documents.
- Stanwell Corporation: Advised on the $210M relinquishment to Coronado Curragh of its reversionary right to assume ownership of the Curragh North Mine and on the long term coal supply agreement for Stanwell Power Station in consideration for that relinquishment.
- Anglo American: I've had more than 12 years as the client relationship partner, including advising on acquisitions and divestments and mine expansions and development, including more recently the development of Grosvenor Mine and expansion of Moranbah Mine the sales of the Callide, Foxleigh, Drayton and Dartbrook Mines.
- Gloucester Coal/Yancoal: Advised on Gloucester Coal's $8 billion merger with Yancoal Australia via a scheme of arrangement
- Peabody Energy: Advised on its novel dual fuel arrangements (robotically loaded) for its fleet at one of its coal mines. Advised on the expansion of the opencut Eaglefield coal mine including mining tenures, compensation arrangements and regulatory advice. Advised on coal trading agreements and standard form export contracts. Assisting in complying with the new overlapping tenure regime, including statutory notices required for mining lease applications and joint safety plans.
- BHP: Advised on its coal and coal seam gas strategy and overlapping gas tenure arrangements, including agreements with Arrow Energy (Shell/Petrochina) and others
- Rio Tinto: Advised on the $4 billion takeover of Riversdale Mining Limited and advised on its global exploration collaboration with China Minmetals
- Guided the development of legislation and policy through my work with longstanding clients, including the Queensland Resources Council and the Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Acted as a representative in industry bodies, including deputy chair of the Queensland Resources Council’s Exploration and Tenure Group, vice president of the Australian Mining and Petroleum Lawyers Association (AMPLA) Qld Branch and member of the Queensland Law Society Energy and Resources Committee.
- Recognised as a leading mining and natural resources lawyer in a number of directories, including Legal 500 Asia Pacific (since 2014), Best Lawyers (since 2009, including as 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Mining Law and 2020 Lawyer of the year Water Law Brisbane), Chambers Asia Pacific (since 2015), Acritas, Doyles Guide and Who’s Who Legal.