I have particular expertise working with financial services institutions and health and aged care organisations, advising on both corporate transactions and APRA regulatory matters.
I also have substantial experience working with governments around Australia to successfully implement privatisations, corporatisations and restructures designed to achieve policy and commercial objectives.
My other speciality is corporate governance, and I regularly provide strategic advice to clients on directors’ duties and other governance and risk issues.
- TAL – advised on its $640m acquisition of Suncorp Life, including ongoing distribution arrangements.
- Advising bidders on ANZ’s sale of its OnePath life insurance business, which was ultimately acquired by Zurich for $2.85bn.
- Advising bidders in relation to the Commonwealth Bank's sale of its CommInsure life insurance business, which was ultimately acquired by AIA Group for $3.8bn.
- Commonwealth Bank – advised on its implementation of the Banking Executive Accountability Regime.
- Advising new entrants to the Australian market on APRA authorisation and associated governance and prudential issues.
- AMP – advised on a Part 9 life insurance portfolio transfer.
- IAG – advised on a Division 3A general insurance portfolio transfer.
- Lloyds Banking Group – advised on the $1.55 billion sale of its Australian asset finance business, Capital Finance Australia Limited, and its corporate loan portfolio, BOS International (Australia) Limited, to Westpac Banking Corporation.
Health and aged care
- Advised industry players such as HCF, Healthcare of New Zealand, Interim HealthCare, Just Better Care and UnitingCare on acquiring and disposing of aged care facilities, home care businesses and health technology businesses.
- Port privatisations – delivered highly successful transactions in NSW ($6.82bn), Victoria ($9.7bn) and the Northern Territory ($506m), including leading the legislative and regulatory workstreams.
- Major government transformations and restructures, and associated governance and legislative issues – advised several NSW Government clients including Ausgrid, Department of Finance, Services and Innovation, Endeavour Energy, Landcom, Port Authority of New South Wales, TAFE NSW, Transport Asset Holding Entity, Transport for NSW, UrbanGrowth NSW.