I enjoy working closely with my clients, helping them with the process of converting complex legal issues into simple practical solutions.
With the benefit of a commerce degree (majoring in finance), I understand the commercial and strategic context of the transactions from my client's perspective.
Mergers and acquisitions
- CapitaLand, on the Australian aspects of its acquisition of Ascendas Pte Ltd and Singbridge Pte Ltd in a cash and scrip deal worth around S$11 billion, creating one of Asia's largest diversified real estate players with over S$123 billion of assets under management.
- Arrotex, on its A$700m+ acquisition of Strides' Australian subsidiaries and business as well as Apotex's Australian subsidiaries and business in 2019, creating one of the largest players in the Australian generic pharmaceutical industry.
- IKEA Australia, on its 2017 acquisition of the WA and SA franchises, bringing all of IKEA in Australia under a single ownership structure.
- Utility Services Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of retail meter reading and installation services in the electricity, gas and water sectors, and of end-to-end essential maintenance and inspection services in electricity distribution, on its 2015 sale to Spotless Limited.
- Beingmate Baby & Child Food Co Ltd, one of China's biggest infant food manufacturers, on its partnership with Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited.
- McConnell Dowell Corporation Limited, on the sale of Electrix Australia and New Zealand, its utility, resources and infrastructure contracting business, to French infrastructure and electrical services firm Vinci Energies, for approximately A$140 million.
- Winner of the 2014 Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 Award in the M&A category.
Equity capital markets
- Mesoblast Limited, leader in cellular medicines for inflammatory diseases, on its successful 2020 capital raising of A$138m via a placement to existing and new institutional investors.
- Vitalharvest Freehold Trust, on its 2018 listing on the ASX and the initial public offering of its units to raise A$185 million. Vitalharvest's properties are split over approximately 3,700 hectares and 130 property titles located across New South Wales, Tasmania and South Australia.
- Johns Lyng Group Limited, on its 2017 listing on the ASX and the initial public offering of its shares to raise approximately A$96 million, which included a pre-listing restructure and sell down by existing owners.
- Mayfield Childcare Limited, on its successful roll-up acquisitions and ASX initial public offering in 2016.
- Micro-X Limited, an Australian mobile X-ray maker, on its ASX initial public offering in 2015.
- Village Roadshow Limited, on its on-market share buy-back in 2010.