My government and corporate clients, including in health, education, infrastructure, transport, technology, and franchising sectors, value my focus on helping them achieve their objectives.
I regularly advise on protection of brands, copyright, confidential information and data, as well as technology transfer and licensing, research collaboration and intellectual property commercialisation. I deliver trusted technology, privacy, and data protection legal expertise - supporting ICT procurement and outsourcing transactions and advising on privacy, data protection and cyber security risks and issues.
I have significant experience in public sector-related commercial matters, particularly procurement, projects, and collaborations to support service delivery. This intersects with my regulatory work concerning statutory powers, governance and compliance.
- Longstanding and trusted advisor to Queensland Health (department and Hospital and Health Services) in general and commercial operations, including major projects, health services procurement, technology and telecommunications procurement, statutory powers, and research collaboration and commercialisation.
- Acted for a number of Local Governments on ICT procurement, contract optimisation and management, as well as dispute resolution for IT solutions for core Council services.
- Advised leading ASX-listed company on high value and strategic ICT procurement delivered in conjunction with MinterEllison Technology Consulting.
- Advised on Australia's largest Cooperative Intelligent Transport System on-road field trial being conducted in Ipswich. Providing key insights into regulatory and contract issues with particular focus on technology, IP, data and privacy risks.
- Advised global mining houses on IP, technology, communications and data management issues concerning autonomous haulage systems (AHS) at mine sites. Identification of key regulatory and legal issues and negotiation of contracts for high value, tech-integrated AHS to improve safety and productivity.
- Advising franchisors on franchised operations and legal compliance.
- Supporting a range of the firm's clients with their important work by providing advice on a diverse range of issues including technology; privacy; IP development, licensing and protection; research collaboration; fundraising, promotions, marketing and events.