I give pragmatic advice and assist clients in developing and negotiating complex transactions in the energy and resources sector. My experience includes mergers and acquisitions (buy and sell side), establishing and advising on joint ventures, long-term and financed commodity sales, regulatory matters and services arrangements.
I have particular experience advising on mines and projects in Queensland, but have also worked on transactions around Australia, in Asia, the Middle-East and the UK.
- Rio Tinto: advising on its global exploration collaboration with China Minmetals, including leading Rio Tinto's legal negotiations with Minmetals in China.
- Chinese battery developer: advising on its proposed acquisition of interest in WA spodumene lithium project, including capital injection for project development and long-term offtake arrangements.
- Yancoal Australia: advising on coal marketing arrangements in relation to its $2.5 billion fundraising for the acquisition of Coal & Allied from Rio Tinto.
- Anglo American: advising on divestments of Australian coal mining assets by sale through competitive auctions (including the sale of the Callide Mine, Foxleigh Coal Mine, Drayton Coal Mine and Dartbrook Mine).
- Advising on the acquisition and partial on-sale of Total UK's downstream business.
- Advising Oil Spill Response on their acquisition of 5 standby capping stacks, including the arrangements with international oil companies for the use of the stacks.
- Four years' experience working in a major London firm on large international transactions.
- Commenced career as an Associate in the Federal Court of Australia.