In my general practice I regularly advise clients on industrial disputes, enterprise bargaining, work health and safety matters and employee claims such as unfair dismissals, general protections, discrimination, bullying or underpayments.
I enjoy working closely with clients to not only solve the current issue they are seeking advice on in a timely manner, but also to identify practical or innovative solutions which may assist the client to avoid or reduce the risk of similar issues arising in the future.
In my investigation practice, I have conducted numerous sensitive and complex investigations for government and private sector clients which have involved allegations of sexual harassment and assault, serious and systemic bullying, fraud, elder abuse, child protection issues and corruption.
Prior to joining MinterEllison I worked as a Senior Ministerial Advisor to the South Australian Government and also with the State Coroner on a number of South Australia's largest inquests. My strong working knowledge of the South Australian Government sector means I can offer unique insights to clients who are either part of, or working with, the South Australian Government.
- Acted as one of the lead external legal advisers in relation to industrial issues arising in relation to the outsourcing of the South Australian Government tram and train services.
- Conducted investigations into potential employee misconduct and elderly abuse identified in the high profile report into abuse and mistreatment of elderly patients at the Oakden Aged Care Facility.
- Acted for the Department for Child Protection following the Nyland Royal Commission to both investigate and finalise employee misconduct concerns arising out of the Royal Commission Report and to implement new psychological testing for childcare workers to further enhance safety protections for South Australia's most vulnerable children.
- Acted for the Australian Building and Construction Commissioner in relation to multiple successful prosecutions of the CFMMEU for right of entry breaches at various building sites across Adelaide and Darwin.
- Provided strategic advice and drafted consultation documents for employers, including Universities, undergoing major restructures as a result of the detrimental financial impact Covid-19 had on their businesses.