Matthew's areas of expertise include domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, private equity, venture capital, restructures and workouts, joint ventures, strategic and complex contracts and advising on corporate governance, corporations and securities laws.
Mathew also has extensive experience in turnaround and corporate insolvency transactions.
Matthew is a trusted adviser for an established client base of international and Australian clients and has represented organisations on transactions across a broad range of industry sectors in multiple jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific region.
- Advising Linfox Pty Ltd and Linfox Armaguard Pty Ltd on a planned merger, subject to regulatory approvals, of Armaguard and Prosegur in Australia, the two largest logistics and cash-in-transit (CIT) companies in Australia.
- Advised United Super Pty Limited as trustee for the Construction and Building Unions Superannuation Fund (Cbus), on the acquisition of a 33.3% economic interest in the Jandakot Airport Joint Venture which owns and operates the Jandakot Airport precinct south of Perth, WA.
- Advised H.E.S.T Australia Ltd as trustee for the Health Employees Superannuation Trust Australia (HESTA) on its investment in the holding company of the Citadel Group, a global software and services group specialising in health, defence and large enterprise deployments.
- Advised Construction and Building Unions Superannuation Fund, Health Employees Superannuation Trust Australia and Hostplus Pooled Superannuation Trust in relation to the sale of 100% of the issued shares in the capital of Members Equity Bank Limited to Bank of Queensland Limited
- Advised Queens Lane Capital on its acquisition of The PAS Group Limited (Subject to Deed of Company Arrangement)
- Advised Dassault Aviation, on their acquisition all of the issued share capital in ExecuJet Maintenance Australia Pty Ltd, the Australian aviation maintenance arm of the ‘Luxaviation Group’.
- Advised Kajima Australia on its majority acquisition of Cockram Construction in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Hong Kong, China, India and other countries in Asia
- Advised IKEA Pty Ltd on its acquisition of Cebas Pty Ltd, the owner and operator of the IKEA franchises in Western Australia and South Australia
- Advised Kempe Engineering Group on the sale of the company’s aluminium smelting businesses in Australia, the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Mozambique to Outotec
- Advised Kajima Corporation on its majority acquisition of Australian property and construction group Icon Construction
- Advised Pact Group Holdings Limited on acquisition of the Australian and New Zealand operations of the SULO Group from Plastics Group Pty Ltd
- Advised Linfox Armaguard on its acquisition of the cash logistics business of Brink’s in Australia