I act on private and public Australian merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions in all states and territories and advise foreign companies and funds on inbound M&A and mezzanine debt transactions into Australia. I also assist local and foreign clients with cross-border M&A transactions.
Known for my commercial acumen and practical approach, I think laterally about clients’ requirements for transactions and how best to achieve those outcomes within the boundaries of local laws and practice.
- Nationwide Towing & Transport – Advised Nationwide Group Pty Ltd on its sale of a majority interest to Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Limited
- Kajima Australia – advised the company on its majority acquisition of Cockram Construction in Australia, New Zealand, the US, Hong Kong, China, India and other countries in Asia
- IKEA Pty Ltd – acted in its acquisition of Cebas Pty Ltd, the owner and operator of the IKEA franchises in Western Australia and South Australia
- Guardforce Group Limited – advised the Hong Kong security company on the acquisition of Australian security and cleaning businesses SECURECorp and SECUREclean
- SYSTRA – helped the French engineering group with its acquisition of the Scott Lister Group in Australia, Singapore and the UK
- Kempe Engineering Group – advised on the sale of the company’s aluminium smelting businesses in Australia, the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Mozambique to Outotec
- Austral Group Holdings Pty Ltd – provided counsel to the company on the sale of its entire issued share capital to Keller Group plc
- Kajima Corporation – advised on the Japanese company’s majority acquisition of Australian property and construction group Icon Construction
- Pact Group Holdings Limited – advised on the $38.2 million acquisition of the Australian and New Zealand operations of the SULO Group from Plastics Group Pty Ltd, as well as certain plant and equipment from Seaford Plastics Pty Ltd – a related entity
- Linfox Armaguard Pty Ltd – advised the company on its acquisition of the cash logistics business of Brink’s in Australia
- Inchcape plc – counselled the international automotive distributor and retailer on its £78 million acquisition of Trivett Automotive Retail Pty Ltd, a luxury automotive group in Australia