I have extensive experience advising domestic and foreign clients in the Built Environment sector, with a deep focus on the Construction & Engineering, Services, Infrastructure and Leisure & Gaming industries.
Clients value my commercial knowledge, ability to perform in high-pressure situations, and my ability to lead and manage complex deals.
My clients have included Consolidated Press Holdings, Crown Resorts, Amplifon Greenlit Brands, CIMIC, John Holland, Samsung C&T, Ferrovial, TSA Management, Airlie Funds Management, oOhmedia!, Grays eCommerce and GrainCorp.
- Advising the world's largest hearing aid retailer, Italian stock exchange listed Amplifon S.p.A, in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$550 million acquisition of Australian hearing aid retailer Bay Audio Pty
- the A$55 million acquisition of premium hearing and audiology services business Attune Hearing
- the acquisition of the audiology technology solutions business Otohub
- Advising then ASX-listed CIMIC in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$174 million hostile takeover of the ASX-listed mining construction contractor Macmahon Holdings and CIMIC's subsequent divestment of its 23% stake in ASX-listed Macmahon Holdings by way of block trade
- the acquisition of the Energy Upgrades & Maintenance business of ASX-listed RCR Tomlinson
- Advising multi-brand Australian retailer Greenlit Brands in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- the A$361 million takeover of ASX-listed Fantastic Holdings Limited;
- the A$110 million strategic divestment of specialist Australian sofa retailer, Plush Think-Sofas, to ASX-listed Nick Scali Limited
- the divestment of Greenlit Brands' General Merchandise division, comprising iconic brands Best&Less, Harris Scarfe, Debenhams and Postie, to funds advised by private equity manager Allegro Funds
- the divestment of Fantastic Furniture's Chinese manufacturing operations
- various matters relating to financial irregularities identified with respect to its Frankfurt Stock Exchange listed parent Steinhoff International, including the AU$300 million refinance by its existing syndicate of six local and international banks
- Advising engineering services and consulting business, TSA Management, and its shareholders in connection with various corporate transactions, including:
- UK private equity firm Livingbridge's investment in TSA and subsequent exit
- the AU$200 million sale of TSA Management to Quadrant Private Equity
- various acquisitions in Australia and New Zealand, including the A$48 million strategic acquisition of the Capital Projects Advisory business of ASX-listed Worley Limited, the acquisition of projects advisory business Calcutta Group, the acquisition of New Zealand project management business Xigo, the acquisition of Canberra- based Xact Projects and the acquisition of South Australian headquartered project management business ProManage
- Advising then UK-listed Ideagen plc on its A$105 million acquisition of RegTech software business CompliSpace
- Advising the founders of multi-brand hair and beauty ecommerce retailer Oz Hair & Beauty on the strategic investment in Oz Hair & Beauty by a consortium of financial sponsors and strategic investors including BBRC and Edison Partners
- Advising Grays eCommerce Group Limited as the target in connection with ASX-listed Eclipx Group's A$178 million takeover by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising ASX-listed oOhmedia! in connection with its A$570 million acquisition of the Adshel street furniture business from ASX-listed HT&E Limited
- Advising the receivers and managers of Ten Network Holdings Limited, PPB Advisory, on its sale to US-television network CBS
- Advising the administrators of multi-utility infrastructure provider Flow Systems, PwC, on its sale to funds managed by Brookfield
- Advising the founders and shareholders of Data Science, Machine Learning and AI specialist firm, Intellify, in connection with the acquisition of Intellify by global professional services firm Deloitte
- Advising on the buy-out by management of the White Runway fashion ecommerce business from the ASX-listed PAS Group Limited
- Advising the shareholders of Airlie Funds Management on their all-scrip sale to ASX-listed Magellan Financial Group
- Advising boutique Australian premium spirits company Artisan Spirit Merchants on the sale of its portfolio of brands to Asahi
- Advising employment services group AngusKnight Institute on its acquisition of Victorian Fitness Academy
- Advising the shareholders of property valuation firm MVS National on its merger of ASX-listed LandMark White Limited
- Advising ASX-listed GrainCorp on its A$140 million North American 'greenfield' joint venture with Zen-Noh