My practice encompasses several industry sectors, including agribusiness; financial services; government; infrastructure; technology, media and telecommunications; and transport and logistics.
Clients have a high regard for my strong track record in strategic management and dispute resolution through the courts and alternative forms, such as arbitration, expert determination and mediation.
- Acting for a number of financial services institutions in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- Select Harvests Limited – represented the client in Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings relating to a claim for damages regarding alleged breaches of a management agreement, including issues relating to the development and operation of major orchards
- Sigma Company Limited – acting in a Supreme Court proceeding relating to enforcement of an exclusive distribution agreement
- Port of Melbourne Corporation –acted in a major challenge to the City of Melbourne’s determination of the site value of port land
- ANZ – represented the client in defending proceedings initiated by Opes clients following the collapse of Opes Prime Stockbroking Limited, with approximately 1,200 clients and debts to ANZ of more than $700 million
- Tollaust Pty Ltd – acted in a Supreme Court of NSW action against ComfortDelGro Cabcharge Pty Ltd in respect of money owing for toll fees
- Federal Government Department – advising the client in relation to breaches by supplier in performance of a major IT outsourcing contract
- Victorian Department of Primary Industries – advised on aspects of the Melbourne Markets Relocation Project in relation to the representative Supreme Court of Victoria proceeding brought by the tenants of the Footscray Market
- A major carrier – counselled in relation to numerous commercial disputes against Telstra regarding its strategic advertising compaigns and distribution network
- An international financial services company – acted in relation to the failure by its supplier to perform under an agreement for the provision of IT services, and the upgrade and roll-out of new business software globally
- A major carrier – advised in relation to a significant lease and network installation dispute involving appeals from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to the Supreme Court of Victoria and Court of Appeal