As part of this role, I have handled major arbitration and litigation proceedings for government, developers, main contractors, specialist subcontractors and consultants in Hong Kong and around Asia.
My experience relates to general construction projects – including major facilities, power plants, and rail and other transport infrastructure. This work often concerns issues relating to design, construction, variations, delays and defects.
I also handle disputes for foreign clients working on major projects in China, as well as Chinese investors and contractors working outside China.
- Advised on a range of contractual and other issues arising from the Express Rail Link in Hong Kong
- Acted in litigation involving defective piling works at a major housing estate in Tin Shui Wai
- Guided litigation against a major developer arising out of an aborted harbour development in Hong Kong
- Assisted with arbitration on a DBO contract involving a sludge treatment facility in Hong Kong
- Worked on arbitration proceedings regarding specialist electrical and mechanical works arising out of casinos in Macau
- Acted in arbitration involving a coal-fired power plant in the Americas
- Advised on tender documents and procurement strategy on the NEC3 project in Happy Valley
- Advised on construction and consultancy agreements for a major property project in Tianjin, China
- Acted in arbitration on a lease dispute for an international consultant in Beijing, China
- Recognised as a leading individual for Construction in Hong Kong/China in Chambers Asia-Pacific between 2010 and 2017, and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific between 2012 and 2017
- Represented clients in international arbitration proceedings in Hong Kong, China, Dubai and Singapore under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, Beijing Arbitration Commission, Dubai International Arbitration Centre and Singapore International Arbitration Centre