I have broad industry experience across a range of investment funds and products. These include real estate investment trusts (REITs); exchange traded funds (ETFs); listed investment companies (LICs); structured products; and private equity, hedge, property, infrastructure, retail and institutional funds.
Thanks to several years specialising in investment funds and funds management at Clifford Chance and BlackRock in London, I am also able to offer clients international market knowledge and insights.
My broad Australian and international experience allows me to help clients reach their commercial goals within Australia’s complex framework of financial services and corporations regulations.
- Challenge; BlackRock; Commonwealth Bank of Australia; Westpac – helped Australian and international fund managers of all sizes establish and promote a range of investment funds across all assets classes
- Macquarie; Challenger; Westpac Banking Corporation; ING; Mirvac – guided fund-based and funds management–related merger and acquisition transactions, including acquisitions, disposals and restructures
- Worked with Australian and international fund managers to implement new regulatory reforms, including those related to product disclosure documents (RG 97), hedge funds (RG 240), custody (RG 133), registering funds (RG 134), attribution managed investment trusts, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act 2010 and the Common Reporting Standard
- Helped clients launch new or emerging products and distribution channels such as ETFs, LICs, listed investment trusts and mFunds
- Worked with international fund managers and financial institutions to establish their Australian businesses and operations